The Motorcoach Council, Denver, CO, announced that Daimler Buses North America (DBNA) is promoting the council bus wrap effort through its latest Setra promotion. Now through August 15, 2010 every customer who purchases a Setra S 417 will receive one free Get Motorcoachified rear cap bus wrap.
Other Motorcoach Council updates:
- The Council breaks into the mainstream media:Travelocity.com interviewed Pamela Wolff, the Motorcoach Council’s Director of Strategic Partnerships and Alliances and published the interview on their blog “The Window Seat” which enjoys over 25,000 readers each week. See full interview online at www.windowseatblog.com/2010/04/qa-pamela-wolff-how-green-busmotor-coachtravel
- Leisure Group Travel Magazine published a story on the Get Motorcoachified campaign. Read online at: http://leisuregrouptravel.com/news/motorcoach-industry-advises-consumers-to-get-motorcoachified/
- The Council exhibited at all MCI Tour In Motion stops this spring/summer, in addition to many of the industry’s state association meetings this year, in an effort to educate the industry about the growing need for the campaign and the importance of industry-wide participation
- UMA designated the Motorcoach Council as the official silent auction host for UMA Expo 2011 (held in FL this winter) and all proceeds will benefit the Get Motorcoachified industry-wide public awareness campaign designed to educate travelers about the availability, selection, usage and benefits of motorcoach transportation. ABA made a $15,000 in-kind contribution to the Motorcoach Council to be used towards advertising in an effort to stimulate internal industry support of the campaign and all Motorcoach Council programs
- UMA made a $10,000 financial contribution to support the campaign and the development of consumer facing advertisements and public relations
- Several state associations, suppliers and motorcoach operators have renewed their financial contributions to expand the Council’s outreach and support the development of new consumer campaign collateral (2010 donors include: Arrow Stage Lines, Bridgestone/Firestone, BusesOnline.com, CA Bus Association, Fast Signs, Lancer Insurance, Motorcoach Assoc. of SC, National Interstate Insurance, NC Motorcoach Association, Ramblin Express, Riteway Bus Service, Inc., Royal Coach Tours, Team Coach Imaging, Terrapin Blue, and 11th Hour Group).
The Motorcoach Council relies on charitable contributions and royalty fees generated by the Coach Vendor Parts Program and Campaign Bus Wraps to fund its efforts and cannot sustain its mission without the ongoing support of all key stakeholders within the industry. To make a contribution or to get involved in any of the campaign programs, contact Executive Director Heather Horton, Heather@MotorcoachCouncil.org .