Word from Tom McNally is the April Scenicruiser 2010 Hounds of the Mother Road reunion in Amarillo and Adrian, TX, was a total success with 85 people showing up in 10 Scenicruisers and three GMC model buses.
Here is McNally’s somewhat abbreviated but official travelogue:
Rolling west on Route 66 for shop talk and photo ops in Adrian, and onto Armarillo, fans of the hounds met for dinner at the Big Texan Steak Ranch where Andy Henderson gave a presentation on his father and his bus collection. The group also learned about the Action Travelers, a philanthropic effort that involved a Scenicruiser to transport kids on camping trips to Mexico.
The Scenicruisers by number and owners:
• 054; Bill Holt, Shingletown, CA.
• 104; Greg Bush, Tulsa, OK. Cat engine.
• 112; Dave Catron, Marshfield, MO .
• 304; Dave Hartshorne, Hamilton, OH.
• 516; Pat McNeal, Baltimore, MD, Highly modified.
• 731; Red Bull (no address given).
• 733; Gary Pirtle, Montpelier, OH.
• 771; Tom McNally, Peoria, IL. Beautifully restored.
• 822; John Hotvet, Minneapolis, MN.
• 932; ABC Companies, Winter Garden, FL.
Guest GMC coaches:
• Eagle Model 05; Larry Yohe, Denver, CO.
• PD4104; Bob Moser, Oswego, IL.
• P8M4108A; Dave Housh, Glendora, CA.