SmartDrive launches expansion to on-board video safety system for transit
SmartDrive Systems, a leading provider of driving safety and fuel management solutions, announced SmartDrive Assurance for Transit, an extension to its on-board video safety system for transit agencies. SmartDrive will be exhibiting its safety programs at the APTA EXPO Booth 3901 this week through Oct. 15 at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Safety through information delivery
- Get onboard with security
- Vix Technology: EasyandOpen
- More than a map from Rand McNally
Available now, SmartDrive Assurance for Transit includes enhanced capabilities architected specifically for transit agencies’ entire fleets of vehicles, such as extended event recording, integration with on-board active safety systems and the ability to integrate with third and fourth cameras on the vehicle – a first for a video-based safety program serving the transit industry. SmartDrive’s new solution provides more comprehensive capture of safety events on transit vehicles of any type including buses, paratransit vehicles, shuttles and vans, giving agencies faster insights into risk and better tools to protect passengers and the public.
“SmartDrive Assurance for Transit has an open, flexible platform to address the specific safety challenges agencies face carrying the public,” said Steve Mitgang, CEO of SmartDrive. “Our top priority with Assurance was to provide complete integration with on-board systems, especially those that help agencies avoid pedestrian-related safety events. This, combined with the adaptability of the open platform, ensures that Assurance meets all of the unique camera, integration and safety requirements of every agency – today and over the life of their investment.”
SmartDrive’s comprehensive, video-based operator performance and safety programs help transit agencies achieve unprecedented levels of operational safety and efficiency, protect operators and the public and lower costs. The company has installed its solutions in over 10,000 vehicles in the last year spanning transit agencies, paratransit, shuttle operators and more. Over 28 agencies across the U.S. have deployed the SmartDrive solution; customers include LA Metro, Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART), Nassau County, Denver Regional Transportation District (RTD), Utah Transit Authority (UTA) and Transdev.
Features most important to transit agencies included in SmartDrive Assurance for Transit are:
- Integrated Safety Program: combines vehicle data and video event recording with a continuous improvement program that includes expert review and risk prioritization and web-based coaching workflow for sustainable risk reduction
- Expanded camera configurations: one, two, three or four camera deployments and integration with on-board cameras. Provides flexible installation and program configuration options improving safety and delivering increased protection in and around the vehicle for operators, passengers and pedestrians
- Integration with active safety systems and specialty equipment: including pedestrian detection, wheelchair ramps, roll stability control and more
- Extended event recording: optional capability to capture more information around incidents which exceed the typical 20-second video clip length, providing deeper insight into compliance and safety-related issues in and around the vehicle
SmartDrive Assurance also offers the ‘must-haves’ in a video-based safety program, including:
- Fast access to video: automatically offloads video without intervention from the operator within minutes of an incident as a standard component of the program
- Consistent risk measurement: delivers a consistent service level of reviewed event video each month, verifying that risk is actually declining
- Role-based management reporting and KPIs: focused on driving and coaching performance, reports are tailored to each management level and include operational KPIs that demonstrate areas of strength and opportunities for improvement
- Open Platform: architected to connect to other systems on the vehicle and share information with other back-office systems, protecting an agency’s technology investment and delivering an integrated and consistent view of risk
- Flexible camera placement; can choose to install interior and road-facing cameras separately to provide the best view possible regardless of vehicle configuration – bus, shuttle, van or more
SmartDrive Assurance for Transit is available today. For more information on SmartDrive’s solutions for the transit industry, visit http://www.smartdrive.net/smartdrivetransit.aspx.