Vigillo releases Daylight Driver Index for CSA scoring
Vigillo LLC, creators of software products designed to aggregate, organize and deliver fleet safety information, today announced the release of the Daylight Driver Index (DDI), a driver scoring system that describes an individual driver’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) record using Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) data. This new Vigillo product assigns a single number (0-100) based on information collected on commercial vehicle drivers during on-road safety inspections and state-reported CMV crash records.
“DDI is a fair, easily explained and entirely objective process of scoring and ranking drivers under CSA,” explained Steven Bryan, founder & CEO of Vigillo LLC. “It’s similar to how a credit score is a single number that describes a person’s creditworthiness.”
Because drivers’ scores in the Driver Safety Measurement System (DSMS) are not publicly available, motor carriers have struggled with how to assess driver performance. With almost three quarters of a million drivers in its aggregate customer database, Vigillo says it is uniquely qualified to offer a solution to this problem.
“Because carrier CSA scores are essentially the rolled up aggregation of individual drivers’ roadside performance,” continued Bryan, “having a single number to easily and quickly view will be of great assistance to carriers that want to improve and maintain long-term positive CSA scores.”
The Daylight Driver IndexTM offers several benefits to carriers and drivers:
• Based on published FMCSA Methodologies
• Identifies drivers for priority review based on similar factors as carriers ranked for review and roadside inspection priority (ISS)
• Uses appropriately normalized data for comparison of individual drivers
• Elevates Red Flag Violations as a high visibility item
• Highlights drivers with ‘Shadow Violations” where a driver has insufficient data in a BASIC but has violations
• Scores drivers on an consistent, easy-to-understand 0-100 scale (or NO DATA) that works across carriers for all drivers
• Included at no additional cost in Vigillo’s CSA Scorecard Subscription